Program Coordinator - Apiculture Resource Access
- Are you a talented project manager with excellent communication skills and an interest in helping the honey bee industry?
- Join a talented and committed team in the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
- 3 year contract
- Role based in Orange or Sydney (negotiable)
- Salary from $105,409 plus superannuation + leave loading
About the DPI
The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) is an agency within the NSW Department of Industry Skills and Regional Development, delivering integrated, innovative programs and projects that grow and sustain not only our primary industries sector but also communities and economies across the state.
About the Role
In this newly created role, you will make a real difference to beekeepers in NSW by coordinating and facilitating access to public land for apiculture (beekeeping). You will coordinate implementation of the recently announced NSW Government policy framework for apiary sites on public land and manage a support desk for beekeepers applying for apiary site permits.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about agriculture and committed to the sustainable growth of the honey bee industry. The NSW DPI team provides education, training, industry development, research, biosecurity and regulatory services to beekeepers across NSW.
Success in this critical role will rely on your stakeholder relationship and communication skills. You will need to build relationships with beekeepers, key staff members in government agencies and subject matter experts. You will work with industry and agency staff to develop and implement administrative arrangements to allocate permits and support permit holders in relation to their use of apiary sites on public land. You will liaise with government agencies to resolve issues affecting access by beekeepers to public land.
You will use your project management skills to manage the implementation of an online portal to present information about apiary sites and a customer database.
If you have a demonstrated ability to deliver results and are interested in the future of the honey bee industry in NSW, we want to hear from you!
To learn more about the role:
- New policy framework for apiary sites on public land: http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/animals-and-livestock/bees/policy-framework
- Review the role description here
- Visit the Department of Primary Industries web site to learn more about what we do
Applying for the Role
Applicants should address the following two questions in a cover letter [of no more than two pages] and provide a current resume [of no more than five pages] of relevant skills and experiences:
- Tell us about a time when you were responsible for establishing a new program or service, and had to manage differing expectations and demands from key stakeholders. How did you achieve results while maintaining productive relationships with the stakeholders?
- Tell us about a time when you have had to coordinate actions across a diverse project team. What strategies did you use to delegate tasks effectively, maintain the team’s focus and ensure results were delivered on time and within budget?
Enquiries: Please contact Alex Russell on email@example.com or 02 6881 1212
Applications close: 22 November 2017 @ 11:55pm
Applications must be lodged electronically. A recruitment pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles of the same standard that may become available for filling over the next twelve months.
The NSW Department of Industry is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements.